Little Italy is a neighborhood in Manhattan and as the name suggests, this area is known for its Italian residents which means delicious food, a cheery atmosphere and wholesome neighborhood spirit. Living in Little Italy is like a dream come true; you are surrounded by wonderful energy and impressive Italian cuisine. If you have Italian descent then this neighborhood is for you. Here are some tips when you are looking for a great place to stay in Little Italy:
1. If you live alone, with a friend, a partner or you have a small family then this is the place to be in. Apartments in Little Italy are known to be smaller compared to other apartments in other Manhattan neighborhoods. But though apartments are small these have complete amenities and are near to almost everything in Manhattan.
If you have a large family, don’t lose hope! With patience you can surely find a Little Italy apartment fit for a large family. You may do your search online so you can find the most suitable apartment unit for a large family lie yours online.
2. As mentioned earlier, Little Italy is a heaven for a person who love Italian cuisine (and who does not?). If you don’t have time to cook or prefer to have someone cook for you at home then this neighborhood may be the best choice for you.
3. Not all apartment units in Little Italy are equipped with all the amenities that you need like cable or satellite TV programming, Internet access or landline phone access. But don’t worry; it’s easy to find service right away. A simple call or a service application online could get you Internet or cable when you need it.
4. If you commute to work or school, Little Italy is accessible by bus, taxi or subway. This neighborhood is easy to find and is easy to move around. You are near bus stops, subway stations and very accessible through taxi and even through walking. Apartments in Little Italy are also tightly knitted which means you have a lot of new friends to welcome you and make you feel at home.
5. Apartments located in this neighborhood are safe and secure this is basically because of the unique neighborly spirit that Italians have. There are almost no notable crimes in the area plus residents also remark that they feel secure even when they walk the streets at night or even during broad daylight.
6. Shopping and marketing are the highlights of the neighborhood and this is mostly the concerns of new residents when they move. You will never have trouble looking for gourmet shops, delis, bakeries, local food, fast food, grocery stores and wet markets since there is surely one in every corner. This part of the city could become really busy and traffic could become really heavy because of shops and places to eat in Little Italy.
Little Italy seems to be the ideal neighborhood in Manhattan however there are some negative points to consider as well. If you have a car or a vehicle, parking could be a problem; so be very specific about parking slots or safe parking areas near your apartment building when you search for apartment units online. Another thing to consider is the lack of parks and areas for recreation. Little Italy is within the areas of the city where there is hardly open spaces; if you have kids then they have to settle playing indoors since it could be dangerous to play in Little Italy’s busy streets. Other than these, Little Italy is a “little” great place to live!